Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Eve 2015

The number one hotel in San Diego, the Fairmont Grand Hotel Del Mar has kindly asked me to share my take on an outfit to wear at their Grand New Year’s Eve Party. I am so excited such a fabulous hotel has asked for my input. 

I chose a classic black sleeveless knit dress so I can easily move and dance for my New Year's Eve party outfit. My favorite details of this dress are the dots that change into stripes. My husband also noticed that the dots in the dress reminded him of bubbles in a champagne glass. (The rosé champagne I'm drinking is Sophora, in case you were wondering.  It's a big hit at parties.)

Since it has been rather chilly here in Southern California in the evenings, I needed to purchase a warm wool coat. I've always wanted a grey coat, so I opted for this Calvin Klein belted coat. This has been a great choice for me this winter!

A good dose of sparkle and shine is always needed for New Year's Eve, so I decided on sparkly accessories. I went with pavé silver teardrop shaped pavé silver teardrop shaped earrings which complement the dots and stripes in the dress. I wanted my shoes to be shiny, and black patent heels seemed to fit the bill. This Trina Turk Exclusive metallic ruby red clutch gives me both color and shine.

My dear friend K gave me this beautiful silver kate spade charmed bracelet. There are two types of bows on the chain, and it is just adorable. The hanging bows seem to also complement the dots and stripes in my dress. I paired this bracelet with two different silver bracelets to add a bit more texture to my overall look. I am definitely happy with my little arm party! (bracelet 2 / bracelet 3)

I hope you, my readers, had an awesome 2015. Cheers to a fabulous 2016!










I would be so grateful to spend New Year's Eve at The Fairmont Grand Hotel Del Mar next year. Thank you to The Fairmont Grand Hotel Del Mar for asking me to write an outfit post inspired by your fabulous New Year's Eve party event.



New Year's Eve 2015

Alice + Olivia 'Dena' Two-Tone Knit Pleated Dress, Black/Cream

Trina Turk 'Gemma' Clutch, Ruby w/ Gold Hardware - Trina Turk Exclusive 

Nadri Pave Teardrop Earrings, Silver
kate spade new york 'charmed' charm bracelet, silver (no longer availabe) / current option - I love this!
kate spade 'idiom' bangle, silver/clear
Nadri 'Bombe' Pavé Hinged Bangle, Hematite

kate spade new york 'licorice too' pump, black patent

Calvin Klein Belted 3-Button Wool Coat, Tin

NARS 'Iconic Color' Nail Polish, Pastorale (Rose Gold)

1 comment:

  1. I cherished her dress, amazing fashion and style. Actually I'm looking a Calvin Klein belted coat that is easy to wear and finally, I have got it. Informative post, I love to read your post regularly, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete